Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dear God, Another Blog?

Well...

KnittyBanter was getting kind of old. To be honest, I haven't been knitting as often. I'm not fiber-centric like I was. I've expanded my artistic horizons.

Savvy Horsewoman is still valid, but it isn't ALL I do.

Yarndeavors took a brief hiatus, though the Etsy shop is still intact (but in need of restocking).

Plus, I got a job. A real one. At the University. Secretary. Part-time, but pays so well it's like doing two minimum wage jobs in half the time. And I really like it. But being on The Schedule takes up my afternoons, which was prime dye time, so...

So let's start over. (I'm keeping all the other blogs, just putting a new page in the typewriter.)

I'm still wrasslin' horses, I still knit/weave/sew/dye on occasion, but recently, I discovered Zentangle®. I'll admit, at first, I thought it was just doodling, and seriously--who needs to learn to doodle? I mean, isn't that just innate?

The more I've looked into it, the more I've come to understand that Zentangle is more than doodling, just as Parelli is more than horse training. In fact, they share a common theme--focus, feel, timing, intention, mindfulness. Zentangle is to artists as Parelli is to horsemen. It's all about building confidence and seeking inward to understand the self so one can understand the world around oneself.

So although Facebook has taken over my social media life (hasn't it done that to everyone?), I intend to blog here as frequently as I can. At least several times a month. I'll keep you posted on my forays into Zentangle and art, as well as update you on my horse antics.

It should be interesting. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment